The Legal Metrology Act, 2009
53. Power of State Government to make rules. –
1. The State Government may, by notification, and after consultation with the Central Government, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
2. In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
a. the time within which the weight or measure may be got verified under provsio to sub-section (1) of section 16;
b. registers and records to be maintained by persons referred to under sub-section (1) of section 17;
c. the form, manner, conditions, period, area of jurisdiction and fees for issuance of licence under sub-section (2) of section 23;
d. fee for verification and stamping of any weight or measure under sub-section (1) of section 24;
e. manner of notifying Government approved Test Centre, terms and conditions and fee to be paid under sub-section (3) of section 24;
f. fee for compounding of offences under sub-section (1) of section 48.
3. In making any rule under this section, the State Government may provide that a breach thereof shall be punishable with fine which may extend to five thousand rupees.
4. The power to make rules under this section shall be subject to the condition of the rules being made after previous publication in Official Gazette.
5. Every rule made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of State Legislature, where there are two Houses and where there is one House of State Legislature, before that House.