The Legal Metrology Act, 2009
14. Appointment of Controller, legal metrology officers and other employees. –
1. The State Government may, by notification, appoint a Controller of legal metrology, Additional Controller, Joint Controller, Deputy Controller, Assistant Controller, Inspector and other employees for the State for exercising the powers and discharging the duties conferred or imposed on them by or under this Act in relation to intra State trade and commerce.
2. The qualifications of the Controller and legal metrology officers appointed under sub-section (1) shall be such as may be prescribed.
3. The Controller and every legal metrology officer, appointed under sub-section (1), shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions in respect of such local limits as the State Government may, by notification, specify.
4. Every legal metrology officer appointed under sub-section (1) shall exercise and discharge the duties under the general superintendence, direction and control of the Controller.