The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
69. Steering Committee of Authority.
1. The Authority shall have a Steering Committee with following members :
a. Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, who shall be the Chairperson—ex officio;
b. Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, dealing with Authority—ex officio;
c. Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, dealing with Finance—ex officio;
d. one State Adoption Resource Agency and two Specialised Adoption Agencies;
e. one adoptive parent and one adoptee;
f. one advocate or a professor having at least ten years of experience in family law;
g. Member-Secretary, who shall also be Chief Executive Officer of the organisation.
2. Criteria for the selection or nomination of the Members mentioned at (d) to (f), their tenure as well as the terms and conditions of their appointment shall be such as may be prescribed.
3. The Steering Committee shall have the following functions, namely:—
a. to oversee the functioning of Authority and review its working from time to time so that it operates in most effective manner;
b. to approve the annual budget, annual accounts and audit reports as well as the action plan and annual report of Authority;
c. to adopt the recruitment rules, service rules, financial rules of Authority as well as the other regulations for the exercise of the administrative and programmatic powers within the organisation, with the prior approval of the Central Government;
d. any other function that may be vested with it by the Central Government from time to time.
4. The Steering Committee shall meet once in a month in the manner as may be prescribed.
5. The Authority shall function from its headquarter and through its regional offices as may be set up as per its functional necessity.