The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
28. Procedure in relation to Committee.
1. The Committee shall meet at least twenty days in a month and shall observe such rules and procedures with regard to the transaction of business at its meetings, as may be prescribed.
2. A visit to an existing child care institution by the Committee, to check its functioning and well being of children shall be considered as a sitting of the Committee.
3. A child in need of care and protection may be produced before an individual member of the Committee for being placed in a Children’s Home or fit person when the Committee is not in session.
4. In the event of any difference of opinion among the members of the Committee at the time of taking any decision, the opinion of the majority shall prevail but where there is no such majority, the opinion of the Chairperson shall prevail.
5. Subject to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Committee may act, notwithstanding the absence of any member of the Committee, and no order made by the Committee shall be invalid by reason only of the absence of any member during any stage of the proceeding:
Provided that there shall be at least three members present at the time of final disposal of the case.