Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000
30. Procedure, etc., in relation to Committee.-
1. The Committee shall meet at such times and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings, as may be prescribed.
2. A child in need of care and protection may be produced before an individual member for being placed in safe custody or otherwise when the Committee is not in session.
3. In the event of any difference of opinion among the members of the Committee at the time of any interim decision, the opinion of the majority shall prevail but where there is no such majority the opinion of the Chairperson shall prevail.
4. Subject to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Committee may act, notwithstanding the absence of any member of the Committee, and no order made by the Committee shall be invalid by reason only of the absence of any member during any stage of the proceeding.