The Indian Council of World Affairs Act, 2001
8. Term of office and vacancies among members.-
1. Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member shall be three years from the date of his nomination.
2. The term of office of the member nominated to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for remainder of the term of the member in whose place he is nominated.
3. A member shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place.
4. The Central Government shall remove a member if he-
a. becomes subject to any of the disqualifications mentioned in sub-section (4) of section 7; or
b. refuses to act or becomes incapable of acting; or
c. is, without obtaining leave of absence from the Council, absent from three consecutive meetings of the Council; or
d. in the opinion of the Central Government, has so abused his position as to render his continuance in office detrimental to the public interest: Provided that no member shall be removed under this clause unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter.
5. A member shall, unless disqualified under sub-section (4) of section 7, be eligible for re-nomination.
6. A member may resign from his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government but shall continue in his office until his resignation is accepted by that Government.
7. The manner of filling vacancies among members shall be such as may be prescribed by rules.