Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999
8. Registration to be in respect of particular goods and area.-
1. A geographical indication may be registered in respect of any or all of the goods, comprised in such class of goods as may be classified by a region or locality in that territory, as the case may be the Registrar and in respect of a definite territory of a country, or
2. The Registrar shall classify the goods under sub-section (1), as far as may be, in accordance with the International classification of goods for the purposes of registration of geographical indications.
3. The Registrar may publish in the prescribed manner an alphabetical index of classification of goods referred to in sub-section (2).
4. Any question arising as to the class within which any goods fall or the definite area as referred to in sub-section (1) in respect of which the geographical indication is to be registered or where any goods are not specified in the alphabetical index of goods published under sub-section (3) shall be determined by the Registrar whose decision in the matter shall be final.