Foreign Exchange Management Act,1999
1. Short title, extent, application and commencement
1. This Act may be called the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
2. It extends to the whole of India.
3. It shall also apply to all branches, offices and agencies outside India owned or controlled by a person resident in India and also to any contravention there under committed outside India by any person to whom this Act applies.
4. It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.