The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
Chapter II Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
4. Establishment of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. –
1. The Central Government shall, by notification, establish a body to be known as the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India to exercise the powers conferred on, and to perform the functions assigned to, it under this Act.
2. The Food Authority shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
3. The head office of the Food Authority shall be at Delhi.
4. The Food Authority may establish its offices at any other place in India.