Factories Act, 1948
Schedule I : List of Industries Involving Hazardous Processes
1. Ferrous Metallurgical Industries
Integrated Iron and Steel
2. Non-ferrous Metallurgical Industries
Primary Metallurgical Industries, namely zinc, lead, copper, manganese and aluminum
3. Foundries (ferrous and non-ferrous)
Castings and forgings including cleaning or smoothening/roughening by sand and shot blasting.
4. Coal (including coke) Industries
Coal, Lignite, Coke, etc.
Fuel Cases (including Coal Gas, Producer Gas, Water Gas).
5. Power Generating Industries.
6. Pulp and paper (including paper products) Industries.
7. Fertilizer Industries
8. Cement Industries
Portland Cement (including slag cement, puzzolona cement and their products).
9. Petroleum Industries
Lubricating Oils and Greases
10. Petro-chemical Industries
11. Drugs and Pharmaceutical Industries
Narcotics, Drugs and Pharmaceuticals.
12. Fermentation Industries (Distilleries and Breweries).
13. Rubber (Synthetic Industries)
14. Paints and Pigment Industries.
15. Leather Tanning Industries.
16. Electro-plating Industries.
17. Chemical Industries
Coke Oven By-products and Coaltar Distillation products
Industrial Gases (nitrogen, oxygen, acetylene, argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, sulphur dioxide, nitrous oxide, halogenated hydrocarbon, ozone, etc.
Alkalies and Acids
Chromates and dichromates
Lead and its compounds
Electro chemicals (metallic sodium, potassium and magnesium, chlorates, per chlorates and peroxides)
Electro thermal produces (artificial abrasive, calcium carbide)
Nitrogenous compounds (cyanides, cyanamides, and other nitrogenous compounds)
Phosphorus and its compounds
Halogens and Halogenated compounds (chlorine, flourine, bromine and iodine)
Explosives (including industrial explosives and detonators and fuses)
18. Insecticides, Fungicides, Herbicides and other Pesticides Industries.
19. Synthetic Resin and Plastics
20. Man-made Fiber (Cellulosic and non-cellulosic) industry.
21. Manufacture and repair of electrical accumulators.
22. Glass and Ceramics.
23. Grinding or glazing of metals.
24. Manufacture, handling and processing of asbestos and its products.
25. Extraction of oils and fats from vegetable and animal sources.
26. Manufacture, handling and use of benzene and substances containing benzene.
27. Manufacturing processes and operations involving carbon disulphide
28. Dyes and dyestuff including their intermediates.
29. Highly flammable liquids and gases.]