Electricity Act, 2003
33. Compliance of directions.-
1. The State Load Despatch Centre in a State may give such directions and exercise such supervision and control as may be required for ensuring the integrated grid operations and for achieving the maximum economy and efficiency in the operation of power system in that State.
2. Every licensee, generating company, generating station, sub-station and any other person connected with the operation of the power system shall comply with the directions issued by the State Load Despatch Centre under sub-section (1).
3. The State Load Despatch Centre shall comply with the directions of the Regional Load Despatch Centre.
4. If any dispute arises with reference to the quality of electricity or safe, secure and integrated operation of the State grid or in relation to any direction given under subsection (1), it shall be referred to the State Commission for decision:
Provided that pending the decision of the State Commission, the directions of the State Load Despatch Centre shall be complied with by the licensee or generating company.
5. If any licensee, generating company or any other person fails to comply with the directions issued under sub-section (1), he shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding rupees five lacs.