Disaster Management Act, 2005
20. Constitution of State Executive Committee.-
1. The State Government shall, immediately after issue of notification under sub-section (1) of section 14, constitute a State Executive Committee to assist the State Authority in the performance of its functions and to coordinate action in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the State Authority and ensure the compliance of directions issued by the State Government under this Act.
2. The State Executive Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:-
a. the Chief Secretary to the State Government, who shall be Chairperson, ex officio;
b. four Secretaries to the Government of the State of such departments as the State Government may think fit, ex officio.
3. The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed by the State Government and such other powers and functions as may be delegated to him by the State Authority.
4. The procedure to be followed by the State Executive Committee in exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.