Delhi Rent Control Act, 1958
HOTEL AND LODGING HOUSES
13. Recovery of possession from the lodger. –
An application by the manager of a hotel or the owner of a lodging house for a certificate under section 34 shall
contain the grounds for the recovery of possession from the lodger of accommodation provided to him and shall be made in writing and accompanied by an affidavit in support of the allegations contained therein.
A certificate issued under section 34 by the Controller shall be sent to the manager of the hotel or the owner of the lodging house concerned with a copy thereof to the lodger concerned by registered post with acknowledgement due.
15. Display of notice of fair rates. –
The manager of every hotel or the owner of every lodging house shall display a notice of the fair rates fixed by the Controller and a copy of the relevant provisions of the Act and rules relating thereto in a conspicuous manner in the hotel or lodging house, as the case may be.
16. Application to the Controller. –
Every application to the Controller under Chapter V of the Act including an application for certificate under section 34 shall be in Form ‘D’ and shall be delivered to the Controller either in person or through a recognized agent or sent to his office by registered post.
APPEAL AND TRANSFER APPLICATION
17. Form of Appeal.-
(1) Every appeal to the Rent Control Tribunal under section 38 shall be preferred in the form of memorandum signed by the appellant or his recognized agent and presented either in person or through a recognizes agent to the Tribunal or to such office as it may appoint in this behalf.
(2) Every such memorandum shall be accompanied by a copy of the order of the Controller appealed from and shall set forth concisely and under distinct heads, the grounds of objection to the order appealed from without any argument or narrative, and such grounds shall be numbered consecutively.
18. Application for transfer of proceeding. –
An application for transfer of proceeding under sub-section (4) of section 38 shall be accompanied by an affidavit of the allegations contained in the application.
19. Appearance before Tribunal. –
A party may appear before the Rent Control Tribunal either in person or by a recognized agent provided that if the Rent Control Tribunal so directs the party shall appear in person.