Cost and Works Accountants Act, 1959
14. Procedure in any enquiry before the Disciplinary Committee
(1) It shall be the duty of the Secretary to place before the Disciplinary Committee all facts brought to his knowledge which are relevant for the purpose of an enquiry by the Disciplinary Committee.
(2) A member against whom a complaint is made shall have a right to defend himself before the Disciplinary Committee either in person or through a legal practitioner or any other member of the Institute.
(3) The Disciplinary Committee shall have the power to regulate its procedure in such manner as it considers necessary and during the course of enquiry may examine witnesses on oath, receive affidavits and any other oral or documentary evidence.
(4) Where, during the progress of an enquiry, the Disciplinary Committee undergoes a change of personnel for any reason whatsoever, the respondent shall have the option to have his case heard de novo and the enquiry conducted accordingly.