Copyright Act, 1957
16. Application for Registration of Copyright –
(1) Every application for registration of copyright shall be made in accordance with Form IV and every application for registration of changes in the particulars of copyright entered in the Register of Copyrights shall be made in accordance with Form V.
(2) Every such application shall be in respect of one work only, shall be made in triplicate and shall be accompanied by the fee specified in the Second Schedule in this behalf.
(3) [(Note: Subs. by Noti. No. GSR 435(E), dt. 27-4-1992 (w.e.f. 27-4-1992) The person applying for registration shall give notice of his application to every person who claims or has any interest in the subject matter of the copyright or disputes the rights of the applicant to it.]
(4) If no objection to such registration is received by the Registrar of Copyrights within thirty days of the receipt of the application by him, he shall, if satisfied about the correctness of the particulars given in the application, enter such particulars in the Register of Copyrights.
(5) If the Registrar of Copyright receives any objections for such registration within the time specified in sub-rule (4), or, if he is not satisfied about the correctness of the particulars given in the application, he may, after holding such inquiry as he deems fit, enter such particulars of the work in the Register of Copyrights as he considers proper.
(6) The Registrar of Copyrights shall, as soon as may be, send, wherever practicable, a copy of the entries made in the Register of Copyrights to the parties concerned.