Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
17. Procedures on appeal of termination of membership
1. Where a person appeals the termination of his membership to the Registrar pursuant to section 31 of the Act, the person shall submit a written statement to the Registrar within 30 days of the date ofó
a. the membersí resolution terminating the personís membership pursuant to section 29 of the Act; or
b. the membersí confirmation of the directorsí order terminating the personís membership pursuant to section 28(2) of the Act.
2. A person appealing the termination of his membership shall set out in his written statement as required pursuant to subsection (1):
a. any reason for the termination of his membership of which he has personal knowledge;
b. the grounds on which his appeal lies; and
c. any relevant facts or information, in addition to those described in subsections (a) and (b), that the Registrar may require.
3. The Registrar, on receiving an appeal, will so notify the Credit Union Secretary and within seven days of such notification, the Credit Union will file a copy of the records as set out in subsections (1)(a) or (b) above with the Registrar along with any other relevant facts or information.
4. The Registrar shall hear an appeal pursuant to section 31 of the Act within 30 days after the date that he receives the completed written statements pursuant to subsections (1) and (3) and inform the appellant, and Credit union, in writing, within 14 days after the hearing of the appeal, of the outcome of the appeal thereof.