Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
Part III Membership and Meetings
23. Application and qualification for membership
1. An application for membership of a society must be submitted to the Board in such form as the Board approves.
2. In order to qualify for the membership of a society, a person, other than a registered societyŚ
a. must be a belonger to, or resident of ;
b. must not be an undischarged bankrupt;
c. must not be of unsound mind; and
d. must be 16 years of age or older.
3. The Board shall notify each applicant for membership whether his application has been approved or disapproved.
4. A society may not without the permission of the Registrar register as a member a person who is a member of another society whose primary object is to grant loans to its members, nor may a registered society become a member of another registered society of the same type.