Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
220. Failure to comply with Act
1. A society or any officer or member thereof or any other person—
a. who fails without reasonable cause or wilfully neglects or refuses to comply with any requirement of this Act or the regulations or to furnish any information; or
b. Who purporting to comply with any such requirement, knowingly furnishes false information, is guilty of an offence.
2. Any person who wilfully or without reasonable cause disobeys any summons, order or direction lawfully issued under this Act or the Regulations commits an offence.
3. Any officer or member of a society who wilfully contravenes the by- the society in relation to his duties or functions as such officer or member commits an offence.
4. A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or imprisonment for 6 months or both and to a further fine of $50 for each day for which the contravention continues after a conviction is obtained.