Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
20. Suspension and cancellation of registration
1. Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Registrar may by order in writing suspend the registration of a society if he is satisfied that—
a. the society is in breach of any condition of registration;
b. the society is in breach of any requirement of section 3 or 12 of this Act;
c. the society or any officer thereof has failed or refused to comply with any obligation imposed by, or any requirement of this Act, the Regulations or by-laws;
d. he does not receive any return notice or other document or fee required by this Act or the Regulations to be sent to him.
2. The Registrar may by order in writing cancel the registration of any registered society if—
a. at any time it is proved that the number of members has been reduced to less than the amount required for the registration of the society; or
b. it is proved that the registration has been obtained by fraud or mistake; but a cancellation under paragraph (a) shall not apply to a society which includes among its members one or more registered societies.
3. An order under subsection (1) or (2) shall take effect from the date of the order.
4. No suspension or cancellation may be made by the Registrar until he has given the society a chance to be heard.
5. Where after a period of suspension a society has not rectified the circumstances leading to its suspension, the Registrar may cancel the registration of that society.
6. Where the registration of a society is cancelled by order under this section or any other section the society shall, except for the purpose of winding up, cease to exist as a body corporate from the date on which the order takes effect.