Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
146. Transfer of assets of societies
1. Any society may, by resolution passed by not less than three fourths of all the members present and voting at a special general meeting called for the purpose, agree to transfer its assets and liabilities to any other society which has agreed to accept them.
2. The acceptance of that other society shall be evidenced by a resolution of not less than three-fourths of the members of that other society present and voting at a special general meeting called for the purpose.
3. On the passing of the resolutions referred to in subsections (1) and (2), the transferor society shall apply to the Registrar for cancellation of its registration and the transferee society shall submit to the Registrar a copy of its resolution agreeing to the transfer.
4. Subject to subsection (5), the cancellation of registration and the submission of the resolution agreeing to accept the transfer is hereby deemed to be sufficient to vest the assets and liabilities of the transferor in the transferee.
5. Where the vesting of the assets of a society involves real property, a copy of the resolution referred to in subsection (1), certified as such by the Registrar, the resolution shall be recorded at the Land Registry.