Co-Operative Societies Act 2008
13. Registration of societies
1. When the Registrar is satisfied that an application is made in accordance with this Act, he shall, within 3 months of the receipt of the application, register the society and its by-laws and issue that society with a certificate of registration in the prescribed form.
2. The name under which a society is registered under this Act—
a. shall be published in the Gazette; and
b. shall be noted in the register to be known as the “Register of Societies” and which shall be kept at the office of the Registrar.
3. Where the Registrar refuses to register a society he shall give the applicant reasons in writing for the refusal.
4. The names of all societies that are contained under this Act shall be entered in the Register of Societies.