Control of National Highways (Land and Traffic) Act, 2002
29. Procedure for permission to access to Highway.-
1. The general permission under sub-section (1) of section 28 shall be given by issuing notification in the Official Gazette for such purpose and specific permission under that sub-section shall be give in the manner specified hereinafter under this section.
2. Any person desirous of obtaining specific permission referred to in sub-section (1) may make an application in the prescribed form to the Highway Administration specifying therein the means of access to which such permission relates and shall also be accompanied with such fees as may be prescribed and the Highway Administration shall, after considering the application either give the permission with or without the terms and conditions as may be prescribed or reject the application as it may deem fit.
3. In case, where the permission has been given in respect of the application made under sub-section (2), the person to whom such permission has been given shall obtain the licence from the Highway Administration in the prescribed form enumerating there n the terms and conditions, if any, subject to which such permission has been given, and such permission shall be renewed after such period and in such manner as may be prescribed.
4. If any person contravenes the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 28 or violates any terms and conditions subject to which permission has been given under sub-section (2) including non-renewal of licence obtained under sub-section (3), his access to Highway under the permission under sub-section (1) or sub-section (3), as the case may be, shall be deemed to be unauthorised access and the Highway Administration or the officer authorised by such Administration shall have the power to remove such access and where necessary, the Highway Administration or such officer may use the necessary force with the assistance of the police to remove such access.