Consumer Protection Regulations, 2005
20. Preservation of records. –
1. In the case of complaint, the record containing main files with original order sheet shall be preserved for a period five years.
2. In the case of records of first appeal and revision petitions, it shall be preserved for three years from the date of disposal of the appeal or revision as the case may be.
3. Immediately after the consumer complaint, first appeal or revision petition, as the case may be, is disposed of, extra sets shall be given to the parties who may use the same for filing of appeal or revision petition and in that case the necessity to summon the record from the forums below can be dispensed with.
4. The Registrar shall inform the parties while forwarding the certified copy of the final order, where they do not appear in person at the time of finally disposing of the matter to arrange to collect the extra sets.
5. A period of at least one month shall be given for the purpose of collection of records by the party and in case of default the ex1ra sets shall be weeded out.