Competition Act, 2002
Chapter III Competition Commission of India
7. Establishment of Commission.-
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint, there shall be established, for the purposes of this Act, a Commission to be called the "Competition Commission of India".
2. The Commission shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and hall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
3. The head office of the Commission shall be at such place as the Central Government may decide from time to time.
4. The Commission may establish offices at other places in India.