Company Secretaries Act, 1980
17. Committees of the Council
(1) The Council shall constitute from amongst its members the following Standing Committees, namely :-
(a) an Executive Committee;
(b) a Disciplinary Committee; and
(c) an Examination Committee.
(2) The Council may also constitute a Training and Educational Facilities Committee, Professional Research and Publications Committee and such other Committees from amongst its members as it deems necessary for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(3) The Executive Committee shall consist of the President, and the Vice-President, ex officio, and three other members of the Council elected by the Council.
(4) The Disciplinary Committee shall consist of the President, ex officio, one member to be nominated by the Central Government from amongst the members nominated to the Council by that Government and one member to be elected by the Council.
(5) The Examination Committee shall consist of the President or the Vice-President, ex officio, as the Council may decide, and two other members of the Council elected by the Council.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, any Committee formed under sub-section (2), may, with the sanction of the Council co-opt such other members of the Institute not exceeding two-thirds of the total membership of the Committee as the Committee thinks fit, and any member so co-opted shall be entitled to exercise all the rights of a member of the Committee.
(7) Every Committee constituted under this section shall elect its own Chairman :
Provided that –
(i) where the President is a member of such Committee, he shall be the Chairman of such Committee, and in his absence, the Vice-President, if he is a member of such Committee, shall be its Chairman; and
(ii) where the President is not a member of such Committee but the Vice-President is a member, he shall be its Chairman.
(8) The Standing Committees and other Committees formed under this section shall exercise such functions and be subject to such conditions in the exercise thereof as may be prescribed.