Companies Act, 1956
Provisions applying to Parts I and II of the Schedule
16. Every person shall, for the purpose of this Schedule, be deemed to be a vendor who has entered into any contract, absolute or conditional, for the sale or purchase or for any option of purchase, of any property to be acquired by the company, in any case where-
(a) the purchase money is not fully paid at the date of the issue of the prospectus ;
(b) the purchase money is to be paid or satisfied, wholly or in part, out of the proceeds of the issue offered for subscription by the prospectus ;
(c) the contract depends for its validity or fulfillment on the result of that issue.
17. Where any property to be acquired by the company is to be taken on lease, this Schedule have effect as if the expression " vendor " included the lessor, the expression " purchase money " included the consideration for the lease, and the expression " sub-purchaser " included a sub-lessee.
18. If in the case of a company which has been carrying on business, or of a business which has been carried on for less than five financial years, the accounts of the company or business have only been made up in respect of four such years, three such years, two such years or one such year, Part II of this Schedule shall have effect as if references to four financial years, three financial years, two financial years or one financial year, as the case may be, were substituted for references to five financial years.
19. Where the five financial years immediately preceding the issue of prospectus which are referred to in Part II of this Schedule or in this part cover a period of less than five years, references to the said five financial years in either Part shall have effect as if references to a number of financial years the aggregate period covered by which is not less than five years immediately preceding the issue of the prospectus were substituted for references to the five financial years aforesaid.
20. Any report required by Part II of this Schedule shall either -
(a) indicate by way of note any adjustments as respects the figures of any profits or losses or assets and liabilities dealt with by the report which appear to the persons making the report necessary ; or
(b) make those adjustments and indicate that adjustments have been made.
21. Any report by accountants required by Part II of this Schedule -
(a) shall be made by accountants qualified under this Act for appointment as auditors of the company; and
(b) shall not be made by any accountant who is an officer or servant, or a partner or in the employment of an officer or servant, of the company or of the company's subsidiary or holding company or of a subsidiary of the company's holding company.
For the purposes of this clause, the expression " officer " shall include a proposed director but not an auditor.
22. Inspection of documents:
Reasonable time and place at which copies of all balance sheets and profit and loss accounts, if any, on which the report of the auditors is based, and material contracts and other documents may be inspected.
Note : Term " year " wherever used herein earlier, means financial year.
Declaration : That all the relevant provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, and the guidelines issued by the Government have been complied with and no statement made in prospectus is contrary to the provisions of Companies Act, 1956, and rules thereunder.
Place : Signatures of Directors