Companies Act, 1956
Sec 223 - Certain companies to publish statement in the Form in Table F in Schedule I.
(1) Every company which is a limited banking company, an insurance company, or a deposit, provident or benefit society, shall, before it commences business and also on the first Monday in February and the first Monday in August in every year during which it carries on business, make a statement in the Form in Table F in Schedule I, or in a Form as near thereto as circumstances admit.
(2) A copy of the statement, together with a copy of the last audited balance sheet laid before the members of the company, shall be displayed and until the display of the next following statement, shall be kept displayed, in a conspicuous place in the registered office of the company, and in every branch office or place where the business of the company is carried on.
(3) Every member, and every creditor, of the company shall be entitled, on payment of a sum of eight annas, to be furnished with a copy of the statement, within seven days of such payment.
(4) If default is made in complying with any of the requirements of this section, the company, and every officer of the company who is in default, shall be punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees for every day during which the default continues.
(5) This section shall not apply to a life assurance company or provident insurance society to which the provisions of the Insurance Act, 1938 (4 of 1938), as to the annual statements to be made by such company or society, apply, with or without modifications, if the company or society complies with those provisions.