Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
SUMMONING AND ATTENDANCE OF WITNESSES
1.Summons to attend to give evidence or produce documents.
2. Expenses of witness to be paid into Court on applying for summons.Experts.Scale of expenses.
3. Tender of expenses to witness.
4. Procedure where insufficient sum paid in. Expenses of witnesses detained more than one day.
5. Time, place and purpose of attendance to be specified in summons.
6. Summons to produce document.
7. Power to require persons present in Court to give evidence or produce document.
8. Summons how served.
9. Time for serving summons.
10. Procedure where witness fails to comply with summons.
11. If witness appears, attachment may be withdrawn.
12. Procedure if witness fails to appear.
13. Mode of attachment.
14. Court may of its own accord summon as witnesses strangers to suit.
15. Duty of persons summoned to give evidence or produce document.
16. When they may depart.
17. Application of rules 10 to 13.
18. Procedure where witness apprehended cannot give evidence or produce document.
19. No witness to be ordered to attend in person unless resident within certain limits.
20. Consequence of refusal of party to give evidence when called on by Court.
21. Rules as to witnesses to apply to parties summoned.