Coastal Aquaculture Authority Act, 2005
Chapter III The Coastal Aquaculture Authority
4. Establishment of Authority and Appointment of Chairperson and Members. –
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf, there shall be established for the purposes of this Act an Authority to be called the Coastal Aquaculture Authority.
2. The head office of the Authority shall be at such place as the Central Government may decide,
3. The Authority shall consist of the following members who shall be appointed by the Central Government, namely: -
a. the Chairperson who is, or has been, a Judge of a High Court;
b. one member who is an expert in the field of coastal aquaculture;
c. one member who is an expert in the field of coastal ecology nominated by the Department of Ocean Development of the Central Government;
d. one member who is an expert in the field of environment protection or pollution control nominated by the Ministry of Environment and Forests of the Central Government;
e. one member to represent she Ministry of Agriculture of the Central Government;
f. one member to represent the Ministry of Commerce of the Central Government;
g. four members to represent the coastal States on rotation basis;
h. one member secretary.
4. The term of office of the Chairperson and every other member shall be three years.
5. The salaries and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the members shall be such as may be prescribed.