The Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016
7. Director General.
- The Central Government shall appoint a Director General of the Bureau.
- The terms and conditions of service of the Director General of the Bureau shall be such as may be prescribed.
- Subject to the general superintendence and control of the Governing Council, the Director General of the Bureau shall be the Chief Executive Authority of the Bureau.
- The Director General of the Bureau shall exercise and discharge such of the powers and duties of the Bureau as may be specified by regulations.
- The Director General may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to any officer of the Bureau subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of his powers and functions as are assigned to him under the regulations or are delegated to him by the Governing Council, as he may deem necessary.