The Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016
5. Advisory Committees of Bureau.
- Subject to any regulations made in this behalf, the Governing Council may, from time to time and as and when it is considered necessary, constitute the following Advisory Committees for the efficient discharge of the functions of the Bureau, namely: -
- Finance Advisory Committee;
- Conformity Assessment Advisory Committee;
- Standards Advisory Committee;
- Testing and Calibration Advisory Committee; and
- such number of other committees as may be specified by regulations.
- Each Advisory Committee shall consist of a Chairman and such other members as may be specified by regulations.