The Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016
20. Fund of Bureau.
- There shall be constituted a fund to be called the Bureau of Indian Standards fund and there shall be credited thereto-
- any grants and loans made to the Bureau by the Central Government;
- all fees and charges received by the Bureau under this Act;
- all fines received by the Bureau;
- all sums received by the Bureau from such other sources as may be decided upon by the Central Government.
- the salary, allowances and other remuneration of the members, Director General, officers and other employees of the Bureau;
- expenses of the Bureau in the discharge of its functions under the Act; and
- expenses on objects and for purposes authorised by this Act:
Provided that the fines received in clause (c) of sub-section (1) shall be used for consumer awareness, consumer protection and promotion of quality of goods, articles, processes, system or services in the country.