The Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016
Chapter III: Indian Standards, Certification and Licence
10. Indian Standards.
- The standards established by the Bureau shall be the Indian Standards.
- The Bureau may-
- establish, publish, review and promote the Indian Standard, in relation to any goods, article, process, system or service in such manner as may be prescribed;
- adopt as Indian Standard, any standard, established by any other Institution in India or elsewhere, in relation to any goods, article, process, system or service in such manner as may be prescribed;
- recognise or accredit any institution in India or outside which is engaged in standardisation;
- undertake, support and promote such research as may be necessary for formulation of Indian Standards.