Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015
47. Bar of limitation for imposing penalty.
1. No order imposing a penalty under this Chapter shall be passed after the expiry of a period of one year from the end of the financial year in which the notice for imposition of penalty is issued under section 46.
2. An order imposing, or dropping the proceedings for imposition of, penalty under this Chapter may be revised, or revived, as the case may be, on the basis of assessment of the undisclosed foreign income and asset as revised after giving effect to the order of the Commissioner (Appeals), the Appellate Tribunal, the High Court or the Supreme Court or order of revision under section 23 or section 24.
3. An order revising or reviving the penalty under sub-section (2) shall not be passed after the expiry of a period of six months from the end of the month in which order of the Commissioner (Appeals), the Appellate Tribunal, the High Court or the Supreme Court is received by the Principal Chief Commissioner or the Chief Commissioner or the Principal Commissioner or the Commissioner or the order of revision under section 23 or section 24 is passed.
4. In computing the period of limitation for the purposes of this section, the following time or period shall not be includedó
a. the time taken in giving an opportunity to the assessee to be reheard under section 7; and
b. any period during which a proceeding under this Chapter for the levy of penalty is stayed by an order, or injunction, of any court.