Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015
29. Filing of appeal by tax authority.
1. The Board may, from time to time, issue orders, instructions or directions to other tax authorities, fixing such monetary limits as it may deem fit, for the purpose of regulating the filing of appeal by any tax authority under this Chapter.
2. Where, in pursuance of the orders, instructions or directions issued under subsection (1), a tax authority has not filed any appeal on any issue in the case of an assessee for any financial year, it shall not preclude such authority from filing an appeal on the same issue in the case of—
a. the same assessee for any other financial year; or
b. any other assessee for the same or any other financial year.
3. Notwithstanding that no appeal has been filed by a tax authority pursuant to the orders or instructions or directions issued under sub-section (1), it shall not be lawful for an assessee, being a party in any appeal, to contend that the tax authority has acquiesced in the decision on the disputed issue by not filing an appeal in any case.
4. The Appellate Tribunal, hearing such appeal, shall have regard to the orders, instructions or directions issued under sub-section (1) and the circumstances under which such appeal was filed or not filed in respect of any case.
5. Every order, instruction or direction which has been issued by the Board fixing monetary limits for filing an appeal shall be deemed to have been issued under sub-section (1) and the provisions of sub-sections (2), (3) and (4) shall apply accordingly.