The Andhra Pradesh reorganization Act, 2014
9. Assistance of police forces from Central Government to successor States, etc.
1. The Central Government shall assist the successor States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to raise additional police forces.
2. The Central Government shall, for a period of three years, on and from the appointed day, maintain and administer the Greyhound Training Centre in Hyderabad which shall function as a common training centre for the successor States and, at the expiry of the said period, the existing Greyhound Training Centre in Hyderabad shall become the training centre of the State of Telangana.
3. The Central Government shall assist the successor State of Andhra Pradesh to set up a similar state-of the-art training centre at such place as the State Government of Andhra Pradesh may by order notify.
4. The Central Government shall provide financial assistance to the successor States in setting up new operational hubs for Greyhounds at such locations as the successor States may by order notify.
5. The Greyhound and OCTOPUS forces of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh shall be distributed between the successor States after seeking options from the personnel and, each of these forces, on or after the appointed day shall function under the respective Director General of Police of the successor States.