The Andhra Pradesh reorganization Act, 2014
Part VIII Provisions as to Services
76. Continuance of facilities in certain State institutions.
1. In this section, the expression “State cadre”––
a. in relation to the Indian Administrative Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Administrative Service (Cadre) Rules, 1954;
b. in relation to the Indian Police Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Police Service (Cadre) Rules, 1954; and
c. in relation to the Indian Forest Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Forest Service (Cadre) Rules, 1966.
2. In place of the cadres of the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service and Indian Forest Service for the existing State of Andhra Pradesh, there shall, on and from the appointed day, be two separate cadres, one for the State of Andhra Pradesh and the other for the State of Telangana in respect of each of these services.
3. The provisional strength, composition and allocation of officers to the State cadres referred to in sub-section (2) shall be such as the Central Government may, by order, determine on or after the appointed day.
4. The members of each of the said services borne on the Andhra Pradesh cadre immediately before the appointed day shall be allocated to the successor State cadres of the same service constituted under sub-section (2) in such manner and with effect from such date or dates as the Central Government may, by order, specify.
5. Nothing in this section shall be deemed to affect the operation, on or after the appointed day, of the All-India Services Act, 1951, or the rules made there under.