Advocates Act, 1961
10A. (Note:- Ins. by Act 60 of 1973, sec.10) Transaction of business by Bar Councils and committees thereof.—
(1) (Note:- Subs. by Act 70 of 1993, sec.5) The Bar council of India shall meet at New Delhi or at such other place as it may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, determine,]
(2) A State Bar Council shall meet at its headquarters or at such other place as it may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, determine .]
(3) The committees other than disciplinary committees constituted by the Bar Councils shall meet at the headquarters of the respective Bar councils.
(4) Every Bar Council and every committee thereof except the disciplinary committees shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at their meetings as may be prescribed.
(5) The disciplinary committees constituted under section 9 shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at their meetings as may be prescribed.
10B. (Note:- Original section 10A renumbered as section 10B by Act 60 of 1973, sec.10.) Disqualification of members of Bar Council.—
An elected member of a Bar Council shall be deemed to have vacated his office if he is declared by the Bar Council of which he is a member to have been absent without sufficient excuse from three consecutive meetings of such Council, or if his name is, for any cause removed from the roll of advocates or if he is otherwise disqualified under any rule made by the Bar Council of India.