The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016
Chapter II: Enrolment
3. Aadhaar number.
- Every resident shall be entitled to obtain an Aadhaar number by submitting his demographic information and biometric information by undergoing the process of enrolment:
- The enrolling agency shall, at the time of enrolment, inform the individual undergoing enrolment of the following details in such manner as may be specified by regulations, namely:-
Provided that the Central Government may, from time to time, notify such other category of individuals who may be entitled to obtain an Aadhaar number.
- the manner in which the information shall be used;
- the nature of recipients with whom the information is intended to be shared during authentication; and
- the existence of a right to access information, the procedure for making requests for such access, and details of the person or department in-charge to whom such requests can be made.