The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016
29. Restriction on sharing information.
- No core biometric information, collected or created under this Act, shall be-
- shared with anyone for any reason whatsoever; or
- used for any purpose other than generation of Aadhaar numbers and authentication under this Act.
- used for any purpose, other than that specified to the individual at the time of submitting any identity information for authentication; or
- disclosed further, except with the prior consent of the individual to whom such information relates.