The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016
18. Chief executive officer.
- There shall be a chief executive officer of the Authority, not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India, to be appointed by the Central Government.
- The chief executive officer shall be the legal representative of the Authority and shall be responsible for-
- the day-to-day administration of the Authority;
- implementing the work programmes and decisions adopted by the Authority;
- drawing up of proposal for the Authority's decisions and work programmes;
- the preparation of the statement of revenue and expenditure and the execution of the budget of the Authority; and
- performing such other functions, or exercising such other powers, as may be specified by regulations.
- a general report covering all the activities of the Authority in the previous year;
- programmes of work;
- the annual accounts for the previous year; and
- the budget for the coming year.