|Status Of College:||Approved by the Bar Council of India|
|College Facilities:||Students Identity Card, Library Card, Hostel, Student Canteen, Xerox etc.|
In 1834 Midnapore Zilla School was established which was upgraded to Entrance standard in 1857, in the year of the great Indian Mutiny. The F.A. Course was introduced in 1873 at the School and the School was raised to the status of a Second Grade College. The School and the College remained under the same management upto 1887. Law courses were introduced in this College in 1892. After which some changes occurred in the teaching programmes of the College. In 1916 B.L. course was abolished and ISC courses was introduced .In 1922 Pladership course was abolishedand and B.Sc.course was introduced. In 1997, during the 125 year celebration of the college ,the Governing Body of Midnapore college took initiative to established a Law College at Midnapore.The Midnapore Law College was estlabished by the Governing Body of Midnapore College, under the stewardship of Principal Mukul Ranjan Ray.To run the law college, Midnapore college Governing Body formed a Society named Midnapore Education & Service Society,which was registered in 2001(Rgn. S/Il/588 of 2000-2001).With the laudable objective of providing quality legal education , the Members of the Society with all sorts of assistance from the management of Midnapore College,started 3 year LL.B & 5 Year B.A.LL.B.(Hons.)courses in 2002-03 in the Netaji Birth Centenary Academy Building at Midnapore college primises.In 2003 Midnapore law College was shifted to its own spacious Campus at Rangamati,near Midnapore Railway station (SERLY).