|Status Of College:||Bar Council Approved|
|College Facilities:||The college has 10 large buildings for academic purposes, separate library building, reading room, separate common room for boys & girls, gymnasium hall and large field for sports and other activities.|
M.B.R.R.V.Pd. Singh College, Ara popularly known as Maharaja College, Ara – a constituent unit of V.K.S.University, Ara was established on the 13th Sep. 1954 to meet the growing need of higher education facilities in this region. Ara was the headquarters of the then Sahabad district. After the division of Sahabad District, Ara became the headquarters of Bhojpur District.The college was established by Hon’ble Maharaja Shri Kamal Singh of Dumaraon estate (Dist. Shahabad) in the name and memory of his Late father Maharaja Bhadur Ram Ran Vijay Prasad Singh a great philanthropist. He donated a piece of 25 bighas of land in the heart of Ara town, the land being historical one was previously known as ‘Judge Sahab ki kothi’. “Ara House’ a national monument is linked to bravery of first war of independence. It is on record that Babu Kunwar Singh along with native army forced the British officer of the district to take shelter in this British house for safety. The house was under seize for days and that could be lifted only after arrival of additional British force.