Conference on Medico-Legal Issues & Use of Forensics in Criminal Justice System: Challenges & Way Forward
Legal Desire Media & Publications is going to organize the Conference on "Medico-Legal Issues & Use of Forensics in Criminal Justice System: Challenges & Way Forward".
Date: 17th June, 2018
Venue: New Delhi, India
In the last few decades, the infusion of technology in crime investigation has been a major breakthrough in the process of advancement of criminal justice. Police utilize scientific tools and techniques to detect a crime, reconstruct the crime scene, identify the alleged offender and establish vital links; the courts, on the other, take account of these physical evidences, otherwise infallible, and determine with enhanced accuracy the innocence or guilt of the offender.
Somewhere, the efficiency and effectiveness of the criminal justice functioning has come to be intertwined with the extent of use of technological tools in crime investigation. Forensic evidence is a discipline that functions within the parameters of the legal system. Its purpose is to provide guidance to those conducting criminal investigation and to supply to courts accurate information upon which they can rely in resolving criminal and civil disputes.
The Conference also emphasis on Medico-Legal Issues which includes the doctor's responsibility towards patient, medical negligence, role of state, statutory councils made for regulation of profession. 'What does law have to do with Doctors in case of Medical Negligence?' Law has to bear on all aspects of life, Medical science is also no exception. The influence of law on Medical profession has generally increased from last few decades, all thanks to lay society that has questioned the medical profession like never before and have been fighting for justice.
The Conference will analyze the legislative frame with regard to applicability of forensic science in criminal justice. It will also try to probe the reasons as to why the role of forensic science in criminal justice administration is still at rudimentary stage or restrictive in nature, even though since last few decades, a tremendous technological advancement in scientific era has been made. The Indian legal structure and its allied subsidiaries need to be remolded towards the achievement of result oriented forensic investigation and trial, so that speedy remedy & justice to victims of heinous crimes may be provided.
Call for Papers:
We invite research papers from professionals, students, research scholars and faculty for presentation during the conference on the themes listed below. The Papers will also be published in Special Edition of Legal Desire International Journal on Law bearing ISSN with Letter of Publication to be presented to presenter during the event.
Best Paper Award will be provided to delegate with best research work.
The themes for Submission of Research Papers:
- Medico-Legal Issues:
- Medical Negligence
- Doctors, Law & Ethics
- Role of Medical / Dental / Nursing Councils
- Role of Personal Injury / Medical Negligence Expertise Lawyers
- Role of Judiciary
- Need for safeguards for Medical professionals from frivolous medical negligence proceedings
- Need for law, legal issues involved and possible solutions
- Applicability of Forensic Science in Criminal Justice System in India
- Forensic Medicine
- Forensic Anthropology
- Wildlife Forensics
- Questioned Documents
- Medico Legal Autopsy
- Forensic Biology & Serology
- Fingerprints Examination
- Forensic Chemistry
- DNA Profiling
- Forensic Psychology
- Ballistics & Explosives
- Forensic Toxicology
- Crime Scene Investigation
Submission Guidelines for Abstract:
Your Abstract (of about 300 words) should be sent as an attachment in a MS Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org, Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted. Following information should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation / Institution / Organisation Details
- Address and Email ID
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of your message should read: 'Abstract Submission for Conference on Medico-Legal & Forensics'. The selected Abstract will be notified via email including further full paper submission and registration procedure.
- No Abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of Abstract with payment of required fees.
- All Co-authors have to register separately.
- Each Delegate will be given 10-12 minutes for Presentation.
Submission Guidelines for Paper:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS Word format (.doc / .docx)
- The main text should be in font size 12 pt, Normal, Times New Roman. 1.5 spacing and Justified and Heading / Sub-Heading to be Bold.
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 pt and should be in any uniform pattern.
- Students: INR.1000/- or US $35 (for Delegates outside India)
- Faculty / Research Scholar: INR.1500/- or US $50 (Delegates outside India)
- Lawyers / Professionals / Law Firms: INR.2000/- or US $100 (Delegates outside India)
- Publication Fees (Optional): INR.500/- (Journal Hardcopy to be Provided bearing ISSN)
Note: The registration fee include access to all day event, souvenir along with lunch and delegate kit.
Those who wish to attend the event, can register for pass at www.legaldesire.com/medilegal
Last date for Submission of Abstract: (Limited Spots)
25th May, 2018
Last date for Full Paper Submission:
5th June, 2018 (11:59 p.m. IST)
Phone: +91- 9555032596
Legal Desire Media & Publications
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Brochure, Poster