International Conference on Recent Advances in Intellectual Property Laws
Parul Institute of Law is organizing a one day 'International Conference on Recent Advances in Intellectual Property Rights Law'.
Date: 28th April, 2018
The interaction of law, science, and technology is one of the most highly charged fields of study in law today. A perfect example of this interaction is provided by information technologies and modern biotechnologies. Both these technologies have changed the nature of society and the people's way of life.
Advances in fields like medicine, biology, chemistry, information technology, and telecommunications have wrought a Copernican revolution into our daily lives. These are fascinating subjects, but they also have many ethical, legal and social implications. One of the key problems is deciding what rights an individual should have with regard to new technology's impact on social life, for instance, the protection of the environment versus right to property, censorship versus right to expression, freedom of speech versus right to privacy etc.
It means that in many cases, this conflict of rights demands the intervention of a court in order to balance the opposing interests. On this new and evolving frontier, lawyers face highly complex, inherently global issues, from the treatment of genetically modified organisms to the impact of intellectual property approaches on developing nations to copyright protection on the Internet. These are the issues that increasingly shape our lives - and those who master them will shape the future.
Synergy of Science and Law creates certain unique issues and challenges which must be addressed since it is the need of the hour. The Conference aims to address these issues and create awareness about same among the faculties, students, industry persons etc. The interdisciplinary approach will aid the better understanding and analysis of IPR Policy. The Conference will provide an excellent platform for experts, academicians and industry persons to exchange their views and opinions, which will result in an extremely enriching experience and opportunity to learn for the attendees.
Who can participate?
Academicians, students, practitioners, industry personnel, etc
- Recent advances and challenges of Patent system
- Recent advances and issues of Copyright law
- Recent advances and issues of Trademark law
- Recent issues and challenges of Traditional Knowledge and Biodiversity
- Issues of Biotechnology and IPR
- Recent developments in Policy on IPR?
Call for Papers:
- The Abstract and full papers are to be submitted on email address firstname.lastname@example.org with Author's name, affiliation, designation and clear specification of the subject category according to themes* (*The final decision of category will be made by the experts).
- Abstract of 200-300 words with three keywords.
- Font type - Times New Roman on A4 size paper, font size - Heading 14, sub heading and main text 12, Line spacing 1.5.
- Length of the paper should be 3000 - 4000 words.
- Students: Rs 500/-
- Academicians / Practitioners/others: Rs.1000
- On the Spot Registration: Rs. 2000
* Fee includes Registration Fees, Kit, lunch and doesn't include accommodation, TA/DA
15th April, 2018
Full Paper Submission:
28th April, 2018
Last date for Registration:
20th April, 2018
28th April, 2018
* Abstract acceptance will be communicated within 5 working days from the date of submission.
Mr. Apoorva Pathak