International Seminar on Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges
Law Mantra is going to organize a one day International Seminar on Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges
Date: 16th June, 2018
Venue: Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi
The twenty-first century increasingly marks the free movement of merchandise and capital across national boundaries, with all countries bound together by global markets. The rapid growth of private capital flows over the past decade, presents an opportunity for poor and developing countries to access a global pool of savings, technology and management skills; but at the same time it presents new policy challenges in terms of securing sustainable development and poverty reduction.
Globalization has powerful economic, political, cultural and social dimensions as, on one hand, it has opened up enormous opportunities; but on the other hand, it has not been able to spread these opportunities equitably among all social strata. This has resulted, in several cases and especially in developing countries, in a renunciation of state responsibility or the retreat of the state from the provision of public service towards the welfare of its disadvantaged citizens like women and children.
There is a clear need to examine globalization and its impact from a women and child rights perspective. This special issue will critically re-examine the current theory, law, policy and practice of women and child rights and the potential for more women and child sensitive globalization. There is in particular the need to consider the potential for concurrent action on domestic and international fronts, comprising policy changes, specific child-focused programmes, and child sensitive laws and initiatives. In this respect the Convention constitutes a benchmark, yet it is also necessary to question whether the Convention and its implementation produce social justice for children.
- Promotion of international, comparative and global research, advocacy, law reform and policy initiatives on women and child rights;
- Opening up a global discussion on 'children, development and governance' from a child rights perspective;
- Research, advocacy, education and policy engagement on women and child right;
- To bring together researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to discuss problems, disseminate learning, and share international lessons - learned, existing policy research, and studies on various social protection schemes which, in particular, impact women and children.
- Child Protection Laws in India
- Child Protection Laws and Role of NHRC and other agencies
- Specific issues with regard to protection of children in India
- Protection of Children: International Laws framework
- Sexual Harassment at Work Place
- Women empowerment and domestic violence
- Cyber Space and Women
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women
- Eve-teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape
Call for Papers:
Procedure for Submission of Abstract:
Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstract will be peer reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation / Institution Details
- Address and Email ID
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of Email should read as: 'Abstract Submission for International Seminar on Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges".
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS Word format (preferably 2007 or 2010).
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The sub-heading should be in font size 12 pt, bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12 pt, Normal, Times New-Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 pt-and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
All papers accepted for the conference will be published in UGC Referred Book bearing ISBN Number, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance and Law Mantra Journal. (Publication charge will be extra as per bill of publication house).
Rules for the Participants:
- No Abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of Abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in the Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
Note: The Authors and Co-authors both have to register separately
Registration Fee for Presentation of Paper:
- Students: Rs 1500/-
- Faculties / Professionals / Research Scholars / Others: Rs 2000/-
- Presentation in Absentia for Students: Rs 2200/-
- Presentation in Absentia Faculties / Professionals / Research Scholars / Others: Rs 2500/-
Registration fee for attending the Seminar:
- Students: Rs 800/-
- Faculties / Professionals / Research Scholars / Others: Rs 1200/-
*Delegates from H.P.N.L.U-Shimla, M.N.L.U-Nagpur can avail 15 percent discount on registration fee.
*Delegates giving reference of Lawctopus and Knowledgesteez can avail 5 percent discount on registration fee.
Note: Delegates can opt for any one criteria while registration. Either H.P.N.L.U-Shimla, N.L.U-Nagpur or Lawctopus and Knowledge Steez.
Submission of Abstract:
5th May, 2018
Confirmation of Abstract selection:
10th May, 2018
Last date of Registration:
5th June, 2018
Submission of Full paper:
7th June, 2018
16th June, 2018