South Asian Journal of Law and Human Rights (Volume 4): Call for Papers
The South Asian Journal of Law and Human Rights (SAJLHR) is a peer reviewed International Journal for research and insight in Human Rights Law.
The South Asian Journal of Law and Human Rights (ISSN: 2518-6159) lauds the support of an Editorial Board which includes distinguished policy analysts, academicians, research scholars and students from across the globe who have come together aiming to communicate high-quality original research work.
The SAJLHR invites Articles, Short Notes, Book Reviews Case Commentaries and other such for its Volume 4 which will be published tentatively in March, 2018. We welcome submissions from students, academicians, researchers and legal practitioners, to come up with their contributions in the form of articles, case comments, legislative comments and book reviews.
The topics listed below are suggestive in nature and not exhaustive. The Editorial Board will consider work by the Author(s) which deals with any relevant Human Right issue.
- Equal participation in political and public affairs
- Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law
- Human Rights of persons with disabilities
- Gender Justice and Human Rights
- Vulnerability faced by the aged and disabled people
- Human Rights of Tribals and Indigenous People
- Human Rights and Racial Discrimination
- Human Rights and the Environment
- Child Trafficking and Sexual Abuse: Challenge to Human Rights in Modern India
- Preservation of cultural identities and sub-national groups
- Conflict between IPR and Human Rights
- Law Enforcement Agencies - Police and Investigating Agencies: A gateway to Access to Justice
- Access to Justice for Victims & Witnesses
- Rights of Prison Inmates
- Role of Judicial Institutions: Courts, Tribunals in Access to Justice
- Role of NGO's in advocacy of Human Rights.
- State obligation towards Refugees: Balance between Human Rights and National Interest
- Role of International Organizations in Refugee Crisis
- Feminist Jurisprudence and Refugees: A Case of Double Discrimination
- Environmental Refugees and India: Issues and Challenges
- Challenges for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Stateless Person and Citizenship
- International standards on security issues in conflict zones: Humanitarian Perspective.
- Exigency of a Domestic Law on Refugees
- Need for a Coherent Asylum and Refugee Policy
- Articles (3000 - 5000 words)
- Short Notes (1500 - 2500 words)
- Book Reviews (1000 - 1500 words)
- Case Commentaries (1000 - 2000 words)
The word-limit is inclusive of footnotes
- The title of the research paper should be appropriate.
- The research paper shall be original and unpublished work.
- The paper should not be plagiarized, and free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
- The entry must be typewritten in the font: Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment.
- The citations must be typewritten in the font: Times New Roman, font size 10 pt, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment.
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of three. Full names and contact details of all the Authors must be given.
- The Author(s) may follow 19th Harvard Bluebook Citation Style.
Academicians, Practitioners, researchers, students, and others interested in the field may send original, unpublished papers to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Inaugural Issue shall attempt to cover the recent developments related to issues concerning Human Rights and will try to capture the Informed Opinions on diverse issues of International Human Rights Law.
If the work of the Author has been shortlisted for publication, they will be required to make the payment as followed:
- Single Authored Article: Rs. 1400/-
- Co-authored Article: Rs. 2100/-
The Authors will receive 1 printed copy of the journal along with 'Certificate of Appreciation' duly signed by Editor-in-Chief. In case of the Co-authored article, both the Authors will receive printed copies of the journal.
Last date for paper submission:
31st January, 2018
Confirmation email will be sent to the Authors whose work has been shortlisted for publication:
7th February, 2018
Printed copy of the journal along with the Certificate will be dispatched to the Authors by:
15th March, 2018
South Asian Journal of Law and Human Rights (SAJLHR)