3rd Ramnath Foundation National Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition 2017-18
Ramnath Foundation is going to organize its third flagship event i.e. 3rd Ramnath Foundation National Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition in association with Civil Academy - An Institute for IAS and PCS, and supported by Legal Desire Media and Publications.
Any student pursuing Intermediate, Undergraduate or Post Graduate courses from a recognized School / College / Institute / University
About the Competition:
The competition aims at encouraging the young minds to focus on the changes made in the socio-legal landscape of the world's largest Democracy. The main objective of the Competition is to initiate a churning process for realizing and contextualizing the various topics which are of utmost concern for every person but it's hard to express. So, we are providing the platform for such expressions. Also it endeavours to encourage and promote creative, logical thinking and knowledge about understanding the current issues faced by a large scale of the society. It also helps aspirants preparing for different national and state level competitions as it will provide an analytical thinking to them during the competition.
Topic of the Competition:
- Tripple Talaq - A Way Forward
- Right to Privacy - A Tool or a Weapon
- Relevance of Democracy in Present Scenario
- Essays must not be longer than 1000 words excluding the footnotes, cover page and Abstract. It must be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 500 words.
- The essays submitted by the participants must be in 'English and Hindi' language only.
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, 1.5, Line Spacing and Headings font size 14pt / Titles must be in Capital, Boldly Written, Blue Book Citations can be referred.
- Quotes and references must be clearly marked throughout the essay (preferably in italics) and properly cited.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt. The Footnotes used should follow a uniform and complete system of citation.
Criteria for Evaluation:
The criteria to be applied in evaluating the entries are:
- Originality of the Content
- Creativity and Rationality
- Style and Presentation of Content
- Method of Citations
- Knowledge of the particular topic
- Title will carry 3 marks
- Case laws
There is a registration fee of. Rs.150/-
Announcement of Essay:
15th December, 2017
Last date for Registration:
10th January, 2018
Last date for submission of Essay with Abstract: (extension may be provided at the discretion of the organisers)
20th January, 2018
Announcement of the Results:
1st week of February, 2018 (Tentative)
Mr. Shobhit Garg
Phone: +91-9808775119, +91-7906972411
Download Notification, Registration Form