Certificate Course in Economics of Development
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to two weeks Certificate Course in Economics of Development at National Law University, Jodhpur
Course Date: 8th - 20th January, 2018
Number of Seats: 30
About The Course:
The course of Economics of Development has been introduced with an aim to equip the students with the basic concepts of economic growth and development. The course covers topics related to economics, politics and history. It provides an insight into examining the problems, like poverty, inequality, population, etc., arising by focusing merely on economic growth in the less developed countries and helps in analyzing the causes of growth in such parts of the world.
It is an attempt to enable the students to understand the conditions conducive to economic growth and also its deterrents. This would not only facilitate their knowledge of the contemporary issues of developing economies but would also help in a better understanding of the economic implications of the alternative development strategies and policies. By the end of the course, participants would be able to find interesting problems in development economics and approach them in a rigorous and critical fashion.
- Taught by Experienced faculty
- Course Material to be provided
- Special lectures by experts
- Access to library and other facilities on the campus
- Access to Wi-Fi connectivity
- Residential facility provided by the University
- Module 1: Concepts and Measures of Economic Growth and Development - Indicators of Development
- Module 2: Theories of Economic Growth and Development
- Module 3: Factors affecting Economic Development
- Module 4: International Aspects of Economic Development
The course meets the needs of those engaging in, or seeking to engage in, a broad range of professions ranging from the civil service, non-government organisations, law, advocacy, regulatory affairs and international business. Individuals and organisations engaged in consulting, social services, public health, economic development and international development will benefit from this programme.
This fee will cover participation in the course, course material and accommodation. Once registered the fee shall not be refunded under any circumstances. All participants will be responsible for their own travel arrangements.
Mode of Payment:
Registration fees should be paid by Demand Draft in favour of "Registrar, National Law University, Jodhpur" payable at Jodhpur or participants can also make the payment using online fee deposit facility provided on the University website. After completion of the course the participant will receive a Certificate from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, NLU Jodhpur.
Interested applicants may register themselves by the following process:
- Download the registration form from National Law University, Jodhpur website: www.nlujodhpur.ac.in.
- The filled-in form should be faxed or posted to:
Dr. Kranti Kapoor
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences,
National Law University, NH-65,
Near Mandore, Nagour Road,
Fax no. 0291-2577540 and send the soft copy of the filled registration form to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make the payment of course fee through Demand Draft or using online fee deposit facility available on the University website.
Last Date for registration:
4th January, 2018
Commencement of classes:
8th January, 2018
End of classes:
20th January, 2018
Dr. Chitra Saruparia
Dr. Kranti Kapoor
National Law University, Jodhpur
Nh-65, Nagaur Road
Mandore, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Phone: 0291-2577530, 0291-2577138