Workshop on "Product Labeling and Mandatory Declarations on E-commerce under Food and Metrology Laws"
Legal Desire is going to organize a one day Workshop on "Product Labeling and Mandatory Declarations on E-commerce under Food and Metrology Laws".
Date: 10th December, 2017
Venue: New Delhi, India
About the Workshop:
This one day workshop is designed to provide detail information on the various mandatory requirements for labeling of food, non-food product and web-portal of E-commerce companies as per the mandate of Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 as well as Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Introduction and overview.
- Labeling enforcement in India, laws & rules that govern labeling of food and non-food product, different enforcement agencies, how it is enforced.
- General requirements of E-commerce, registration of E-commerce FBO, supply chain compliances, product listing and information, handling of consumer complaints.
- General requirements of labeling, labeling of pre-package commodities, labeling of retail package, wholesale / multi-piece packages, value package, small packages, exemptions, manner of declarations, location, size, font, colours, principal display panel,
- Offence by companies, nominations, compounding of offences, fines and penalties, adjudication for "misbranded" food, criminal prosecutions, judgement of high court and Supreme Court of India.
- Q & A.
Experienced industry professional from top companies having work experience in Food / FMCG / Manufacturing / E-commerce sector and practical knowledge of the subject.
Acts / Rules / Regulations / Guidelines / Case laws:
- Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- Food Safety and Standards (Packaging & Labeling) Regulation, 2011.
- FSSAI Guidelines for operation E-commerce FBO.
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Judgements of High Court and Supreme Court of India.
- Students: Rs. 1500/-
- Professionals: Rs. 2000/-
The registration fee includes Lunch and Delegate Kit. Certificate of Participation and Study material will be provided to the every participant.
Legal Desire Media & Publication
Phone: 91-7042861776, +91-9639010553,